Saturday, April 9

Rough Week....

I won the Trifecta this week - Strep, Bronchitis, and an Ear Infection. And it all came on really fast - I had a sore throat just starting when I went to bed Sunday night and by the time I got to the doctor at noon on Tuesday I felt half dead. I'm still a mess but now have enough energy to work a few hours at a time.

Yesterday I was able to pull together my Counterfeit Challenge Kit for April. April's inspiration kit is from Front Porch Kits. I took my inspiration from the kits colors and the birds & butterflies.



The patterned paper in my kit is all My Mind's Eye - I just got some of the new Stella & Rose paper and it's lovely! I've also used various sheets from some of their older lines.



 


I also threw together a huge assortment of embellishments. The blue butterflies on the left were made from lace cardstock that I layered and added details to with stickles.







I pulled a selection of Bazzill cardstock and some My Mind's Eye kraft paper and a Jenny Bowlin diecut that I missed putting in my previous pic.













This kit seems so small compared to March. I've been getting about 10 or so layouts done each month using my kit so I made a 'mini-kit' of some really fun Bella Blvd papers I got recently - just in case I run out!





And here's my layout I did for LAST Saturday's 'For the Love of Sketches' sketch!


Thanks for stopping by!
          ~Mar

11 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Love the layout!
Your kit looks great and the secondary kit is really cute!

Susanne said...

With such a big kit, it's no wonderful you can get 10 layouts from them. I'm looking forward to seeing this month's. Scrap on!

A Creative Operation said...

Your projects are going to be wonderful. I sure hope you are well soon!

Geri said...

First - I hope you are feeling better soon!!!
And next - that layout is a beauty!
Great kit too !!!

Crystal said...

HUGS! I hope you feel better soon! I love both kits but am DROOLING over the mini one!

Tricia said...

Super layout! Your kit is fantastic!

Margie said...

I am sorry you felt bad! But, your kits are awesome-I am in love with your assortment of embellies!

Clair said...

Mmmm. I love your kit. *swoon*

Kim Strother said...

Glad you are feeling better and able to make your kit.
I love the My Minds Eye, that paper is on my wish list!

Tally Gal said...

I hope you're on the mend.

I love your kit! It's definitely inspired me to look at my stash of paper and embellishments in a whole new way. :)

Jessica ♥ said...

wow! thats a lot of scrap stuff! Lucky! You should be abl to get lots and lts of projects from that! Great job!