Monday, February 28

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop!

Welcome hoppers!

The challenge for this hop was to make a card or layout inspired by this sketch from 'Scraps of Darkness' - the same site that inspired our counterfeit kits this month. I'm such an over achiever with this kit, I made one of each!


A Valentine's Day card:



I took the gray cardstock frame by Little Yellow Bicycle that was in my kit and covered it with Ranger's Distress crackle paint.


And a layout:




Another vintage photo. This is my grandfather and his sister circa 1919.
I Glimmer Misted, Glazed & Glam'd the white card stock flowers that were in my kit. Also, I did pull one more item from my stash (I do that when I buy kits too) - A Kaisercraft wood flourish which I painted white and sprayed with a touch of the Glimmer Mist I used on much of the layout.


Thanks for stopping by!

The next blog on the hop is Dawn's.
If you get lost along the way you can return to The Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.

23 comments:

Crystal said...

Love all the detail and distressing! Great job!

Tricia said...

You have created a layout that is very vintage feeling and the perfect background for a precious photo. Lovely details.

Margie said...

Both turned out just gorgeous-I especially love the layout!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love the details on your layout! tfs

Scrap Vamp said...

So very pretty! Love the papers and distressing!

Kylie said...

Love how you describe yourself as an over-achiever. Great job. I especially love the distressing on your layout - it's a beautiful page.

ms.schwiet said...

ohhhh so lovely

Jimjams said...

Some seriously great paper distressing there - love it!

Mad for Paper said...

Great layout, I love the photo. Your painted wood embellishment is beautiful.
TFS
Ang

Karen Williams said...

Love the flower on this and the papers you chose

MamaD said...

Gorgeous layout, beautiful photo, great vintage shabby chic feel. I love everything about this layout. TFS

Susanne said...

That vintage layout is stunning.

Debbie O'Neal said...

very lovely layout and card. love how you curled the paper up.

furrypig said...

wow what a fabulous vintagey distressed LO stunning!

Angela said...

What gorgeous details on both projects, and I love that vintage photo -- it fits so well with the layout.

MiliPea Designs said...

Love, love, love this vintage-y layout!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

LOVING the old picture in that layout! You did a wonderful jb at BOTH of your sketch challenges!
*meridy*

A Creative Operation said...

All I can say is WOW!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Great idea to use the sketch for a card! I used that same felt piece on a card I made with my kit!

Your layout is absolutely stunning! I love the gorgeous heritage photo, and may have to lift it!

Truly Lori said...

Inkin' and mistin' and paintin', oh my! I love your style. You did a great job on the sketch and I also just love the vintage photo you used!

LaurieM said...

A card and a layout! How fun! Love them both!

CStrickler said...

I love your Cherish LO!!!

Debbie said...

Wow, a card and layout! Both are beautiful - especially the glammed roses!