Tuesday, March 8

Music Maker

Another Counterfeit Kit Challenge layout! You can see my March kits here. 


I snapped this picture at Megan's spring concert last year when she was in fifth grade. She started playing the violin in 3rd and then the flute in 4th. She usually has 3 performances each year for each instrument and we NEVER see her. She's always in the center and between the music stands and the conductor we're lucky if we see the top of her head. She really needs to practice more and get 1st chair! Last spring they performed a piece where the different instruments each had a turn standing up while they played - we finally saw her! (btw, we've had two orchestra performances & one band performance so far this year and we haven't seen her again, lol.)

I used the die-cut My Mind's Eye paper from my 'Tweet Spring' kit. I slapped some green paint on the area where I was placing the picture. I slid my journaling tag under end and then just outlined the pic & tag a few times to make it stand out more. I looped and stapled ribbon and pom-poms along the bottom of the picture. I used Making Memories shimmer stickers and placed the title in one of the swirls - I just love how that turned out! There were some little hearts with the alphas so I turned those into music notes for my tweeting birds.  :)

If you haven't already heard about my giveaway please see Sunday's post for details by clicking FREE KIT!!!
I've pulled out a bunch of paper and I'm going thru embellishments next! I'll have a kit pic up by Friday so be sure to check back!

Thanks again for stopping by and happy creating!

~Mar

12 comments:

Crystal said...

OH MY GOSH! I love love love love it! THis was my favorite paper of your kit and I adore the way you made the title, the paint, the trims and the little heart notes are TO DIE FOR! GREAT JOB!

Mad for Paper said...

This is great, love the way you added your title along the swirl.
TFS
Ang

A Creative Operation said...

That title is great! Beautiful picture!

Margie said...

This page is so pretty! I love the trims!!

Pam from Maine said...

There's a lot of movement in all you added to your page, which reinforces your music theme. Great job!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

This is really fun!!!! xoxoo

Bethany said...

Really fantastic job! The swirls are so fun!

Bethany
Counterfeit Kit Challenge

CStrickler said...

wonderful bright colors! I think it's a great page!

KathyJo said...

Love Love Love it! The swirls remind me of music swirling around me. Great layout!

Tricia said...

I love your loopy ribbon under the photo - very clever.

ms.schwiet said...

love the ribbon and pom-pons

Kirsty.A said...

Glad you managed to get a picture of this. I always find my pics are so poor in school halls they aren't worth scrapping.